Urbanization and sprawling suburban growth re-visited and re-visualised.
The land north, east and west of Toronto had been occupied by the Anishinabek, the Haudenosaunee, and the Huron-Wendat, for some 12 to 15,000 years. It was purchased by treaty in 1805. The woods were cleared by the settlers for farming. As the city grew, the farms made way for housing tracts. 
This continues at an unprecedented pace and all that remains are small outcrops of what once was. Open lands are devoured and developed into what seems like an infinite number of houses, malls and plazas forming a local vernacular based more on quick turnaround than on aesthetic, community or lasting considerations.

hover over quick links below to other projects, or use the nav bar above

Back to Top